Friday, July 28, 2017

Music Inspiration

Alright, managed to finish this today!  Been SUPER BUSY with summer school doing very strange 'art' projects.  For music inspiration I decided to focus on bands and band shirts, (mostly rock).  My orignal idea was to do outfits inspired by Lady Gaga, Katy Perry and Beyonce but once I started school I knew that would not happen.  The tank top is a shirt I actually owned (the version I owned was 3/4 sleeve) for the band Siouxsie and the Banshees.  The top under that is a No Doubt t-shirt (I had a different one with the band drawn as cartoons)

The last shirt is a Linkin Park shirt, and as many of you know (or may not know) one of the singers, Chester Bennington committed suicide earlier this month.  The band now has a new logo but I decided to do the old logo.  I grew up listening to this band, especially their first two albums.  I was very saddened to hear the news.

As much as I would love to include every band I ever loved, it would be too much!  For the pants I've included patches from the following bands (in no particular order):

Rolling Stones
Pink Floyd
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Offspring*
Kiss
ACDC
David Bowie (not a band but love him!)
Misfits
Nirvana
Led Zeppelin

I tried to choose bands that had iconic logos (and also easy to draw) I did NOT freehand any of these!  Anyway Offspring patch is particularly important because when my fiance and I started dating, he invited me to an Offspring concert. I was too embarrassed to tell him I had no idea who the band was and declined his offer.  After the concert, he gave me the patch.

And so, the last thing is the hair, which is inspired by Sia's famous wig. For more outfits for this doll drawn by me click here

Please check out the other great outfits for this month's theme!  So much variety!

Paper Doll School here
Paper Thin Persona here
Pop Culture Paper Dolls  here

5 comments:

  1. i love the idea of a bunch of different band shirts ~ that's awesome! and a nice tip of the hat to Bennington. the pants patches are more adolescence: KISS and AC/DC, Pink Floyd, etc. right on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun paper doll! I love the idea of band t-shirts and the patches on the jeans. Very cool that you focused on bands and not just a genre.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool :) She's got a super hip wardrobe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was my wardrobe in high school and college :) I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That looks really cool and idea is also awesome but why didn't you shared your collection with us? Do share it here with us in your next post, thanks

    ReplyDelete